Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Anticipating what will come next.

posted by Melissa Baumgart
I am working on my list of 6 things for Good Luck With That's third year!
Finding the Methow Valley, an unexpected
Silver Lining during the torturous
Hiking and Backpacking month.

It keeps changing.  I think I have 6 things concretely on my list, and then something new will pop up.  Today I found a few things that are of interest, but I am not sure of the broad spectrum acceptance of a couple of them.  One is a little odd, and yet very intriguing to me.  The other kinda seems more like a guy's thing, but still, I feel strangely drawn to it.  There is another that I want to do, but I wonder if I will need to find classes.  Sometimes finding classes to fit nicely into a one month window can be a challenge, even greater than funding the classes can be.

I try to stick with what comes up, and follow the threads that are presented to me, without questioning the idea too much.  Will people want to read about this?  What if I end up hating it?  What if we can't afford it?  What if it is boring?  Even if the answers to those questions were "No!", "You will!", "You can't!" and "It will be!" right now today as I ask them, you never know what that month will bring and what the silver lining will be if it does end up being less than you expected.

That being said, I wonder if there are any great ideas looming out there in your heads?  If you were doing your own "Good Luck With That" (And why not?  You totally could), what things would you choose?  Leave your thoughts in the comments below.  Just click where it says 0 comments, or 1 comment, or 7 comments and a window will pop up for you to share your thoughts.  You can even do it anonymously if you prefer.  Or let us know on our Facebook page.

I also want to share some thoughts I have been having about the b log in general.  Even though this blog started as a way to find a "passion", I feel it has evolved into something else.  Instead of finding one singular passion, it has become more about always trying new things in life.  Keeping ourselves open to new and unexpected experiences.  Once you are open to new experiences, many more can find their way into your life.

It's like in savasana.  When you are quiet and ready to receive, the Universe can bring you its infinite wisdom.  If you always have everything already figured out, why would the Universe bring you any divine wisdom?  I, myself, want to stay open to unending possibilities in my life.  Putting ourselves out there to try all these new things brings us new connections, new lessons, new understandings about ourselves, humanity and life.  And so much more.

I look forward to hearing your ideas!  And nervously await finding out what Amy is picking.  Please NOT SKYDIVING!!!!!  That's all I ask.

-Melissa

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Is the one that is a "little odd" mortician training?

Melissa Baumgart said...

I am not saying, Jamie. It'll have to be a surprise;)

-Melissa

Cassandra said...

Skydiving! ;) Just kidding...

I look forward to seeing what you guys pick for 2012!

Melissa Baumgart said...

Thanks, Cassandra! And luckily skydiving is too expensive, or I just know Amy would pick it! haha
-Melissa