It's that time of year, mid-January, when Melissa and I prepare to reveal our list of 12 new things that we will set out to accomplish for the rest of 2012.
This time around, I'm changing it up. I'd love your help. I'd like to give one of my choices up to you--the readers!
Care to decide my fate for one month in 2012?
I'm already using a reader's suggestion (from a comment thread in October) for this year. And I'd like to open up one other spot on my list of six things to try, not only to your suggestions, but to your vote.
So, what are your suggestions? What should it be?
Here's how you can play along:
1) Suggest something by January 18.
2) Write your idea in the comments of this post, or on Facebook. (Suggestions must be made publicly).
3) I'll select three, at my own discretion, and put up a poll on the blog for you to vote.
4) Whatever suggestion gets the highest votes will be placed on my list.
5) If there's a tie we'll flip a coin.
Sound fair? Sounds totally disastrous to me, so let's do it!
For reference, here's the list we made for 2011.
Of course in deciding these new things here is what I ask you to consider:
- Is it exciting?
- Is it reasonable, for a 30 days?
- Is it a small thing with big impact or a big thing with small impact?
- Location - can I do it in Seattle?
- Would it make a good blog post?
- Does it lend itself to a good photo shoot opportunity?
Okay - have fun, suggest away!