|2 friends, 12 new things, 1 year to try them all!|
A new year begins today!
Over the course of this past year we unintentionally discovered that the motivating force driving the blog has shifted from finding that one passion to opening ourselves to new experiences and challenges.
In the words of octogenarian protester Dorli Rainey's hero: "Whatever you do, take one more step out of your comfort zone."
One of the best parts of blog has been reader participation: from your comments to your suggestions, and your cheerleading, we love it all. As Melissa chants: I like it! I love it! I want more of it!
Each month this year we will post a poll where you can pledge to join the month's new thing. Think of it as a symbolic act among our blog community to inspire all of us to keep stepping out of our comfort zones.
How many of these 12 new things would you take on?
- February: Read a Book a Week (Amy)
- March: Water Aerobics (Amy - suggested by Ann)
- April: DIY Home (Melissa)
- May: Fishing (Melissa)
- June: Teach Your Husband How to Cook (Amy - Suggested by Jamie)
- July: Paint a Mural (Voted by the readers! Suggested by Cassandra)
- August: Photography (Melissa)
- September: Tennis (Amy)
- October: Sign Language (Melissa)
- November: Hanging Out in Cemeteries (Melissa)
- December: Stand-up Comedy (Melissa - suggested by Natalie and Sarah)
- January: Walk-a-thon (Amy)