By Amy Baranski
|Foraged Seattle blackberries.|
Today, as I'm feeling nostalgic about my first year with this blog, Good Luck With That, I'm making my own granola (another hat tip to urban homesteading month). A huge thank you Melissa for adding that to our list last year and even asking me to participate in this whole blog adventure!
In fact I have to say that a lot of things Melissa chose last year for the list ended up being things I really enjoyed and turned into months well spent. As I sit here with the sweet smell of honeyed oats toasting in the oven, I find myself reflecting on the past 12 months, and several moments stick with me that I will always treasure:
- Urban Homesteading photo shoot
- Learning how to knit with Levi
- Then practicing late at night while watching bad TV reruns and drinking red wine.
- Raiding my friend Jennifer's plum tree.
- Canning with Melissa while blasting SNOOP.
- Sidewalk Paella feasts
- Mount Rainier, the whole damn thing.
- Hike to Lake Caroline, the agony and ecstasy.
- Mushroom foraging in Seattle Parks (Melissa's moss moment!)
I wish there were more time to build on these adventures, but I suppose we'll do that in new ways for our new year, which I'm very excited about. It's hard to say goodbye to such an amazing year with a new friend. But, it's so fun knowing that we get to start a new adventure again. What will 2012 bring...? Stay tuned we will announce our new list shortly!
Thank you READERS, family, friends, neighbors and especially Melissa and the gang for letting me into your lives this year.