Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Entering sweepstakes

By Amy Baranski

Yesterday during our photo shoot for this month's theme: sweepstakes I bought several scratch-off tickets.

I played them all this morning and didn't win anything. What is that substance that you scratch off anyway?

I also entered two contests online. The first is a getaway to Palm Springs. I'll never win but I'm still going there. The second was a contest to win a nĂºmero fuzzy logic rice cooker. I doubt I'll win that one either. So I might just have to buy a rice cooker.

So far sweepstakes month has me in the whole a few hundred dollars.

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

HA! I love your photo on the sidebar.

I've heard those fuzzy logic rice cookers are REALLY good. I hope you win!

Melissa Baumgart said...

Cassandra - I have to say that last night I came upon good fortune. Our good friends from out of town showed up to our door with a fuzzy logic rice cooker! I couldn't believe it. It was a Christmas present. We didn't win it by sweepstakes but we won it by friends. You just never know when fortune will strike. - Amy