Monday, April 15, 2013

Thai Steak Salad

Posted by Melissa Baumgart
Thai Steak Salad
I was inspired by Amy's Thai Steak Salad she had the other night and decided to try and make it at home.  I didn't measure, my apologies...I eyeball everything when I am cooking rogue without a recipe.  But I tried my best to explain the dressing ratio, and for everything else...just use enough for the amount of servings you want.  Or use a lot and have leftovers.  That's usually what I do.


Ingredients:
Grass-fed beef (I used tri-tip sirloin, or something like that)

Dressing and marinade
Tamari (Wheat-free)
Toasted sesame oil
Hot red pepper sesame oil
Juice of two limes (Use 3 and skip the rice vinegar)
Brown rice vinegar (oops, guess that's not paleo, but it needed some more kick and I was out of limes)

Salad Stuff
1 head of Lettuce
1/2 Red pepper (sliced thin)
1/8 of a small Purple cabbage (Sliced thin)
1 Cucumber (sliced thin and halved)
1 Carrot (shredded)
3 Scallions (white and green chopped)
Avocado
Cilantro (minced)
Mint (minced)
Thai basil (Minced)
Sesame Seeds

Mix together the marinade ingredients to your liking.  I use a little more of the acidic than the oil, and add as much tamari as you like for the salty taste. 

Marinate your meat with half of the dressing for at least half and hour.

Cut up the veggies and herbs and arrange veggies on a platter or toss in a large bowl.  Set aside avocado and herbs.

Grill or saute the beef.  Mine was thin, so I did about 3-4 minutes per side, so that it was still pink and tender inside.  Let it sit for a few minutes off the heat, and then slice thinly.

Place the meat, fresh herbs and avocado on top of the salad.  Drizzle the remainder of the dressing over and sprinkle with sesame seeds.  If you use Sriracha, I would add some of that in too.

No comments: