Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Project Simplify: These Are the Drawers of my Life

Posted by Melissa Baumgart
In my kitchen
It has been so great going back to water aerobics.  After the fearsome cramps of Monday evening, Tuesday's noon class at Medgar Evers pool was an energetic relief.  I had no cramps, I worked super hard and I felt like I really had a good workout.  The instructor was awesome, very enthusiastic and with great attention to form and technique.  These last two weeks of March are going to be filled with pool time, since today is my last final of the quarter,  Yay!

In the bathroom
The last two weeks of March are also going to be filled with more Spring Cleaning with inspiration and guidance from Simple Mom.  This week's challenge, or "hot spot" for Project Simplify is "Closets, Countertops and Drawers."  I think I mentioned earlier this week, how I am super excited, given the state of the junk drawer in my kitchen.  This is my week to really shine and make some progress.

One step forward, two steps back, three steps forward, one step back...and so on.

I recall the analogy of my life being a junk drawer.  How I can be so on top of my life, internally and externally.  And then, things start unravelling; my inner joy is replaced by a mess of darkness and my outer fitness begins to shake like a bowl full of jello if I attempt any quick motion.  The thing is, it's all OK.  It's all good.  We are not perfect.  I mean, maybe ya'll are, but I certainly am not.  I want to be the kind of person that can let herself unravel, and have the courage to untangle that mess of yarn as soon as it starts becoming a problem.
In my desk
You can't ignore it forever.  Someday you are going to have to clean out that junk drawer, start eating healthy again and get your butt outside for some activity.  It might not be today.  But the day will come.  And if not, then where are you?  You're hidden in the mess of pens and screws, Nag Champa, old birthday candles and barrettes in some junk drawer...and before you know it you're lost.

Right now, it is my time to tackle that drawer, again.  And maybe a lot more along the way.

Here's to life!
Melissa

No comments: