Wednesday, June 9, 2010

slow start....

it's the 9th!  and i only have my supplies and my pattern cut out.  tonight i iron my pre-washed fabric and maybe, just maybe I will cut it.  the pattern cutting went ok.  i was three different sizes....bust, waist and hips all fell into a different size according to the pattern.  so, I had to draw lines from one size to another and hope it works out.  please let it fit!  wouldn't that be a bummer?  to make a great dress that didn't fit!  ok, i am so not going to go there.  it will fit.  it will fit.  oh, and my mom hasn't taken her sewing machine yet.  so, I will have to be a good daughter and really get to fixing those clothes of hers as soon as i am finished with my dress. i know, i am so selfish.
this is the kids last week of school.  only two more days.  and last week of school at this particular school.  it's onto public education after the summer.  i think it will be just fine.  it is a little strange to not be signing up for class parent jobs for next year, and looking around and thinking....wow, this isn't "our" school anymore.  but that's part of the process.  grieving a loss in a way.  not like with tears and a burial or our school directory or something.  but it is a loss none the less, and i hope my kids greet whatever feelings they have about it as they come up.
so...i guess off to sewing.  i could clean up my house.  i could dust.  i could do anything!  i just finished bikram and after walking home...the apartment is empty!  wow.  i may just have a moment of silence....savasana.  lots of self discovery lately, and i think some quiet to let it sink in is the perfect thing.  then sewing....and maybe a lil cleanin too.
with gratitude....for all that is,
Melissa

No comments: