Yesterday was Day 30 of the 30 Day Bikram Yoga challenge. I made it to the 7pm class, and it was a tough one. Right before class, another student was leaving the 5pm class and congratulated me on the challenge. "How was it?" she asked. "Easiest one yet," I replied, feeling excited for class.
What I learned in the past month:
- I can make it through a Bikram yoga class without giving myself an "out".
- At 42, I can be the most fit and the strongest I have been in my entire life.
- It really is mostly mental, the physical follows your thoughts.
- When I listen to the teacher, really listen and follow the form, it's always easier.
- I can hydrate and nourish my active body without sugar, and only whole foods.
- I like (love) myself more than I thought I did.
- I am way, way stronger than I ever thought. On every level.
- I have an amazing community.