Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What to make next?

Staple/Nail Gun.  Dare I try it for yet another project?
Posted by Melissa Baumgart
Just Keep Tufting.
The tufted headboard will not be finished until the weekend.  I have two tests coming up for the week's end, and plan on celebrating the success on them with some good old fashioned tufting.  Now, that I have figured out that it is a two person project, it has been going a lot more smoothly.  Phew!

Since I am over half-way finished with the first DIY project, what else would I be doing then to start planning the next one? Am I a glutton for punishment or what?  I just really, really want to make the honeycomb shelves I posted on my Full of Ideas post at the beginning of the month.   I can see how awesome they will look on the girl's wall, and I can't stop myself...I must make those shelves!

The issues.  The possible deal-breakers:
I have no idea how to cut wood.  I am completely intimidated about the fact that each 10" long piece of wood needs to have each end cut at a 30º angle.  How in the world am I going to do that?  I am hoping to find a store where I can get the wood and they will cut it for me.  Have you ever heard of that?  I know Home Depot will cut the wood you buy to a certain length, but will they cut angles on each end of each piece?  I doubt it.  But I will call around tomorrow to find out.

Also, the instructions say I need a brad nailer.  A what?  The guy I bought the staple gun from said it can be used for nails as well, for finishing work, in particular.  Wouldn't that be serendipitous?  But still, it scares me.  It just sounds dangerous for me to use a nail gun.

I think I have to do it. Those shelves are going to look so good in the girl's room!

Oh, and weight update:  I am on track!  Just over three weeks and I have lost 8 pounds.  Ahead of schedule!  That makes my BMI 24, no longer sitting just above the "overweight" category.  It feels so good to be sticking with my goal.

2 comments:

kristinahojholt said...

I definitely wanted to write down a brief note in order to appreciate you for these pleasant techniques you are showing at this website. My extended internet investigation has now been paid with brilliant points to go over with my best friends. I would admit that we readers actually are undeniably fortunate to live in a very good website with many lovely individuals with insightful advice. I feel extremely lucky to have come across your website and look forward to plenty of more exciting minutes reading here. Thanks again for everything.
wholesale gifts and homewares

AzzieNegron said...

Have you ever considered creating an ebook or guest authoring on other blogs? I have a blog based upon on the same topics you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my audience would value your work. If you're even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e-mail.
driftwood bowl