Sunday, September 18, 2011

If I had my little way I'd eat peaches every day

By Amy Baranski

Before I head out to brunch this morning I started caning canning some peaches. Thankfully this is taking considerably less effort and time than the tomato sauce of yesterday. Sheesh.

Peaches are yummy, and they are in season and were less expensive per pound than the saucing tomatoes we bought yesterday from the farmer's market. I do enjoy peach cobbler, my neighbor Megan makes a mean cobbler, note to self: get her recipe.

Let me know if you have any peach recipes!

Today I am going out for brunch. This is the first meal I'll have eaten out all month. But a friend is in from out of town and I'd like to visit with her. Aside from the pizza that Bob ordered one night, I've been eating from home, and mostly from scratch, except for that whole popcorn bonanza.

Brunch is at Voula's. I've never been, but it looks like a great joint. I don't know about that Chinese pancake. If it were really Chinese it'd have chicken feet. But that Pork and Chipotle Eggs Benedict and the blueberry pie look delish.

Then on to my neighbor Ida's sixth birthday party! Maybe I should save the sweets for then. Ah decisions, decisions.

No comments: