Saturday, June 8, 2013

Super Hero Race - 5K

 Posted by Melissa Baumgart
This morning I ran in the Super Hero 5K for the Muscular Dystrophy Association.  It was fun to see everyone all dressed up in their costumes, and even some dogs were dressed up. 
Here the thing though, I don't know what my time was.  I was kinda struggling, honestly, toward the end of the race.  My trusty iPod was cranking my favorite rap music to keep me going, as well as tracking how much further I had to run.  The lady that talks to me and encourages me through the earbuds from my iPod said "Workout completed" well before I was at the finish line. 
By the time I got to the finish line, my iPod said I had run 5.75K.  Almost 6K! 
Who knows if they were off, or I was off.  But it looks like I averaged a 10 minute mile, which is fine by me, considering I have only been running again this week.  So, maybe I'll try for a 10K by month's end.  Or maybe I'll work on getting my 5K time under 30 minutes.



1 comment:

LeoneKhunze said...

Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything like this before. So nice to seek out someone with some unique ideas on this subject. realy thanks for beginning this up. this website is something that is needed on the web, somebody with a little originality. useful job for bringing one thing new to the internet!Cheap Deals in Melbourne