Thursday, October 13, 2011

Take It Easy

Easy Breezy.
posted by Melissa Baumgart
Why running a mile every day is not easy.  
I mostly do not want to go out and run this week.  I have lots of excuses as to why that is.  I have had allergies.  My throat feels like its tight and tickly all the time, and so it's hard to breathe.  I got kicked out of school because I lost the funding I was counting on...so I feel cranky.  And to top it off, I  have been eating like the Great Depression is upon us and I need to store up as much fat as I can.  You know, so when my glucose levels drop, my body can start converting lipids to glucose through gluconeogensis.  I miss school already.

Why running a mile every day is easy.
When I do go out every day and run a mile, it's not as hard as I think it will be.  Yesterday, while running with Amy and Lily, I was able to talk the whole time.  The first day, that was impossible.  In regards to the ChiRunning, I am trying to pay a bit of attention to things like my stride and what part of my foot is hitting the sidewalk.  But I find it somewhat challenging to pay attention to all 10 things that were on the list I posted the other day.

How to make the rest of the month easier.

  1. Do core strengthening exercises.  I found this video on the ChiRunning site.  Oh my!  If my kids had a hard time with my slow walking, imagine what their response may be to this Butt Walking!  I can just see me Butt Walking down the hallway, kids yelling and pushing me over.
  2. Eat less.  This will be hard.  I have talked about this before, many times.  And as much as I hate to say this, because I know it isn't wise to put off what's good for you, I will start this eating less thing tomorrow.  I know, so wrong, but we are going to Baguette Box today.  Truffle fries, people.  
  3. Hot yoga?  I have been toying with the idea of going back to Bikram.  If I am not in school and the kids are, I should take advantage of that and get some detox and fitness in my life.  I feel like Bikram totally gave me a new start before.  Maybe I should try again.
  4. Get to sleep earlier.  More sleep has to be good for you.  It just has to be.  I know that if I get to bed early and read for a bit, I feel better in the morning.  And I just started re-reading The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood.  I completely love this book.  Anyone want to read it along with me?
-Melissa

No comments: