Wednesday, October 5, 2011

It's getting better all the time

 Here's to you and your mile!
posted by Melissa Baumgart
My son, Levi, ran with me today.  He was kind and chilled his pace down a bit to stay back with me.  What a kid!  He did finish about 10 seconds ahead of me, and I was happy for him.  Until he called me fat a half hour later.  I weighed myself today and my suspicions were correct, I have gained back 2/3 (20 pounds!!!!) of what I lost a year and a half ago.

How did this happen?  I know...I love poutine, I love pizza, I love burgers and fries.  And I lost my yoga practice when I started school.

I seriously hope that running one mile  day does kick start my love for being fit.  I know it felt good to be fit.  But so does going out for a yummy burger.  I just cannot seem to find a way to be in balance with it all.  I swing from one extreme to another.  Perhaps this small and reasonable goal will be a shot of temperance in my otherwise turbulent life.

That being said, I did add in another element.  How could I not?  I wouldn't be me if I didn't.  But I am keeping it simple as well!  I am doing 20 crunches a day and starting at 5 push-ups a day.  I hope to work up to 50 of each.  Next month is Trapeze Month for christ sake, I better work on my core and upper body strength if I want to have any fun at all in November!

Today I increased my run time again.  We ran a mile in 8 minutes 38 seconds, a speed of 6.9 miles per hour!  The best part was that I didn't hate it as much as the day before.  And what I want you all to know is that I squeezed it in between bringing my kids home from school at 3:20pm and leaving to take Talullah to her soccer game at 3:45pm.

I repeat me new mantra, "You Can Do It!!!"  Even with limited time, even if you walk, even if you go slow...you can fit this in!!!

Here's to us!
Melissa

No comments: